The purpose of the Intramural Sports program is to provide an opportunity for every student at the University of Central Arkansas to participate in some type of competitive sports activity as regularly as his/her interest, ability, and time will permit. The rules and regulations which have been formulated for the activities in this program take into consideration the necessary preparation for each activity as well as the degree of skill of each participant.
1. To provide wholesome and healthy activities for recreation and relaxation from strenuous school work and the rapid pace of modern society for both students, faculty, and staff members.
2. To provide equipment, facilities and encourage wholesome participation in a large number of sports activities by students, faculty, and staff members.
3 . To stimulate an interest in athletics and recreation through a high quality program.
4. To provide an opportunity to develop sportsmanship of the highest order. Everything that sportsmanship implies should be developed on playing fields and playing courts of the University of Central Arkansas.
5. To provide an opportunity to learn the important values developed through team spirit and cooperation.
6. To provide the opportunity to belong to a group.
7. To provide an opportunity to make social contacts and friendships which could not readily be developed in the classroom.
8. To provide the opportunity for every student regardless of his/her ability to realize the joy and fun of participation in their favorite sport.